Friday, June 21, 2013

Chiropractic Treatment

Today is Friday, June 21, 2013. 

Yesterday was my first day back home, and I had several appointments: two separate blood draws (one to measure blood coagulation and the other to tell whether my body is still dealing with the microbacterial infection from last November), and my regular chiropractic appointment.  My mother had told the chiropractor about my accident, and he encouraged her to make sure I came in to see him as soon as possible.  

Normally I have a treatment every two weeks, which is what I can afford, and I simply pay them without going through insurance.  This time, his office manager had me fill out a whole bunch of forms, because as she explained to me, my accident occurred in a "no-fault" state, so the insurance companies have to pay for the treatment.  The doctor explained to me that with injuries from accidents, people don't always start "feeling the pain" for a few weeks or even a couple of months.  

The chiropractor said that one side of my body is one-and-a-half inches shorter than the other, meaning my muscles on one side have started to contract, due to the trauma from the accident.  He measured my rage of motion and told me that he noticed that I had lost some of that range.   He had me make an appointment for another treatment the next day, and I suspect that he will continue to treat me several times a week. 

I know that as a healer, he is interested in my wellbeing, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he and his office staff saw me as a walking dollar sign when I came in after the accident.  :-/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No one can question you from feeling that way. When I got into an accident, I felt scared too when my chiro started to explain about my problem and I'm not familiar with it. I thought they're only making things up for me to have business with them. But my doubt disappear eventually when I felt relieve when he worked on my low back adjustment. Anyhow, I hope you're feeling better now. xx Shan Salas @ BrandonChiropractor.net

Unknown said...

That was awful! I can't blame you for thinking that way, but I'm sure they're more after your wellness. Anyway, with that medical assessment, did the insurance company agree to pay your therapy?

-Javier Parrales @ US Health Works

Jackie Johnston said...

Don’t feel bad about it. It's more important that your chiropractor wanted to help you recover from the accident in a timely manner. And I think he was really sincere in his desire to aid you. Anyway, how are you feeling now? I wish the therapy help you recovered fully from the trauma. All the best!

Jackie Johnston @ New Life Chiropractic

john smith said...

Nothing is more important than your back and spine, as this directly affects your entire body. health science