Saturday, June 15, 2013

Accident!

Today is Saturday, June 15, 2013.

I guess I was a little arrogant about being able to drive anywhere in a rental vehicle - or even in my own car.  I had an accident with a small truck yesterday, and not only walked away from the car, but I had no broken bones or concussion.  
 
There are bruises all over, and a couple of bad scrapes, plus some seat belt burn on my neck, and my muscles ache a great deal.  Other than that, I'm fine, and grateful to be alive.  The driver of the truck didn't seem to be hurt at all, but they were checking him out at the hospital when I left there.  Both of us expressed gratitude that the other was "OK."  I didn't get a look at his truck, but I'll bet it didn't sustain as much damage as my rental vehicle. 

My whole body aches today, even in places that aren't bruised.  Will have to find a way to avoid using too much tape with the bandages, as my skin is sensitive to the tape.  

Today I will call my insurance company, who will probably have heard from the other party.  I will call the Hertz people, too, and tell them I don't want another car.  I was thinking of flying from Miami to Tampa, where I already have a ticket, but some friends have offered to drive me to Tampa.  We'll see how it works out.

I am grateful for friends and family right now.  Everyone has been so supportive.  Bear with me as I go through the healing process. :-)



No comments: