Today is Thursday, February 13, 2014.
can happen unless you do all three. Everything can happen if you do:
"The Holy Spirit will give us all that we need. First we
must learn to expect the best in life, and be willing to plan and work
for it. Second, we need a clear
mental picture of what we desire. Third, this picture is to be
maintained constantly, with the certainty that Divine Spirit will supply
any rightful desire. Fourth, there must be gratitude for every good
thing received". —Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Yesterday I wrote about asking for what we want, believing that we can get it, and recognizing and receiving God's blessings. I used a couple of Bible verses as quotes. Later, a friend sent me a quote from my own spiritual teacher, Sri Harold Klemp, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master, the spiritual leader of my religion, Eckankar. This quote is not only very clear and easy to understand, but it also illustrates several key points.
1) We are never too unworthy to expect the best life has to offer. God loves us unconditionally and wants us to do well in life.
2) Divine Spirit will take care of our every need. Not necessarily our every desire, but our every need, both large and small. Notice that Sri Harold says Holy Spirit will fulfill every rightful desire. I talked about this a bit yesterday. Our request must be for the highest good of ourselves and others around us. Our request must be something that will uplift, rather than destroy or detract.
3) It's not enough to just pray for it. We have to plan for it and work for it. We have to meet God halfway. When we have done our part, it's so much easier to accept the blessings, because we know we deserve them.
4) The asking should not only be done in words, but in mental pictures. This is how the Universe operates. Mental pictures are very powerful communication tools, and they help to program our subconscious minds, as well. The mental picture must be clear and held constantly for a period of time – it may be days, weeks, months or even years, depending on what you are asking for.
5) Gratitude is a key ingredient. A grateful heart generates a feeling of abundance, and when we express this feeling, we project it out into the world and the Universe responds by bringing more abundance into our lives. :-)