Saturday, November 16, 2013

Walking in Balance

Today is Saturday, November 16, 2013. 

Teach me how to trust my heart, my mind, my intuition, my inner knowing, the senses of my body, the blessings of my spirit.  Teach me so that I may enter my sacred space and love beyond my fear, and thus walk in balance with the passing of each glorious sun.  –Lakota Prayer

Protect yourself from your own thoughts. –Rumi
 
Yesterday I wrote about not thinking too much.  Today's post is in that same vein: learning to trust our hearts, our intuition, our inner knowing, and our physical senses.  So often we only let our reasoning minds guide us through life, without taking into consideration the many other means of experiencing life that we have at our disposal.  The result is that we become unbalanced.  

So often, we ignore the little aches and pains in our bodies until they become big problems.  We fail to notice the subtle behaviors of the people around us that might give us a clue to their feelings and instead project our own feelings onto others.  We discount our inner knowing, preferring to seek outer confirmation for something we already know.  We mistrust the little nudges that whisper to us that we should do something or refrain from doing something, second-guessing ourselves over and over until we are completely confused and unable to go forward.  We repress our feelings out of vanity or a sense of social propriety.  

We have been given everything we need to walk in balance in this physical life: a body with senses to experience things physically, a heart to sense the world in terms of feelings, a mind to bring order to our world, and a sense of intuition that helps us to access information on a non-physical level.  We are Souls, non-physical beings, having a physical experience from which to learn.  Let us make full use of all that we have been given.   :-)

No comments: